Friday, July 18, 2008

Worry Doll

Title: Worry Doll
Author:
Matt Coyle
Review: I’ve come late to Worry Doll. Published in 2007, this masterful work by writer/ illustrator Matt Coyle just astounded and entranced me. Definitely a graphic novel in more ways than one (not one for the kiddies), this book is a story of visual beauty and darkest nightmares. So many voices flow over one another throughout the story, in the text and in the visuals. I found myself engrossed in both the written and visual narratives, picking slowly over both, not wanting to miss a thing, turning back pages to go over snippets, words, intricacies of the imagery. A great book. And like nothing I’ve every read. I can’t wait to pick it up and start over. Highly recommended.
Staff Reviewer: Annette, Marketing and Promotions, State Library of Tasmania

0 comments: